Counselor Hall of Fame
Over the 11 years of our camp, we have been privileged to have a number of Camp Counselors who have been truly outstanding. So we're recognizing them here and letting them know how much we appreiciate everything that they have done for our campers.
Our Counselors Hall of Fame list is made up of:
● Tommy & James- These two have to be named together. James was my first counselor and Tommy was a Fox, who all owe their jobs to their cool sister. These two drove me crazy at times, but always showed the children a great time. They never helped during craft time... but that is a different story.
● Lauren & Tracy- Another two who have to be named together. Their jump roping songs will live in infamy. Always sweet and caring with the children.
● Justin- The strongest counselor we have ever had.
● Stephanie- Always a smile on her face, no matter what. Always getting drenched at camp, first by the older counselors, then by the younger ones. Never lost that smile. Well...almost never.
● Andrew- Speaking of... Overall awesome guy. Still love talking with him. His sense of humor, especially during BINGO will NEVER be replicated. Always Made the BBQ's fun.
● Frank- The smartest counselor we ever had, in my opinion.
● Kate- I always said "she is the most responsible kid on the planet".
● Chris- Another Fox who did his job very well. Got to get rid of the tan shirt though Chris.
● Cecelia- Not from Chatham, but my neighbor who was always consistent no matter what was asked of her.
● Gregg- The hardest working guy I know. If I had 20 counselors like him, I would only need 10 counselors like him.
● Pat- Great kid with a huge vertical leap. He needs to get that alarm clock working a little better.
● Katie- Never was actually hired by me. She hired herself. The one I would go to to ask how the counselors were feeling about work to get the real scoop. Thanks Katie, you will make a great nurse.
● Liz- What can I say? She came down as a 5th grader on the first day of camp and asked me if I needed any help...and did 14 years. WOW! Since day one, the boys wanted to play like her, and the girls wanted to be her. My youngest assistant at camp and school activities. You're the best Barna!!!!
Caroline - She also came down in 5th grade, and worked through Middle School, High School, College, & Grad School. Always in a good mood with a big smile on her face. Had her "little workers" moving like busy little bees in the am. She did wear pink jeans though, and I did hear her sing!!!
Mike - What else can I say except..."Mikey Fox Rocks!"
Steve - Best sportsmanship EVER at Washington Ave School. SUPER athlete who had fun while playing.
David - I'll always remember him inviting me to his 4th grade Lazer Tag party!
Brian- The last Fox. Thanks for that last year teaching the new counselors how it's done!!!!
Olivia - Has been sooooo great on sooooo many levels. Set-up, clean-up, face painting, sports, games....you name it. But THE BEST in an emergency when it was REALLY needed. She would taake a bullet for a child. FLY HOME BUDDY...I WORK ALONE!
Megan G - Came down for a week as a "fill-in", and my daughters favorite. Who could blame her? Always happy and smiling, probably more than any other counselor. One of the nicest "kids" I've ever met.
Hannah - Was an awesome 3rd grader who (almost) every week brought me a muffin. So much fun to have at work. Her sense of humor and sarcasm has made her unforgettable. Thanks for everthing Banana!
Allison - I never taught her, but when I asked Hannah who I should hire she said "Allison...you want Allison"...and she was right. Great worker, great babysitter, and she even had her first nursing job at the camp. Good luck in the big city Allison, we miss you.